Questions? Contact the Administrator
1801 Northeast Brave Lane, Bentonville, AR 72712
Registration starts Feb 1st
Registration for the May 18th, 2013 NW Arkansas Pump n Run Obstacle Course (PRO Course) starts Feb 1st, 2013. Please read all of the information about the event before registering. No refunds will be given.
About This Event
In the NWA Pump n Run Obstacle Course, a runner's time will be based on how many times he/she can bench press (or pushup) their “percentaged weight” for repetitions (please refer to spreadsheet below & must successfully attempt to lift one rep), and run a 3.1 mile/5K course or 1 mile course with obstacles throughout including but not excluded to tires, up and over hurdles, balance beam, crawling under a net, 9 foot tall “A” frame wall, kettle bell pull, and bunny hops for 20 yards. An athlete will reduce their run time by performing a number of bench press repetitions and/or pushups. A runner can reduce their run time by up to 13 minutes and 20 seconds off of timed run.
Athletes may register online. Each athlete will weigh in and perform the bench press within 30 minutes prior to start of race time (Parking lot area of Apple Glenn Elementary at address identified from above), then immediately proceed to course start and run the course with obstacles. Waves of runners every 30 minutes (approximately 60-75 runners per wave). Please be prompt and on time. No refunds will be given.
Registration for the 2013 PRO Course
The NWA Pump n Run Obstacle Course is the first and only event of its kind in the state. The race does have a limit of 540 people (14 yrs and older) for the 5K run, 600 people (13 and under) for the 1 mile fun run. Students ages 5-18 may enter for free if they can gather one sponsor through the SuperFit campaign. Registration will be closed once maximum capacity has been achieved. Your race number and personal dog tag from the NWA PRO Course will allow you $10 off ticket entry to NW Arkansas Natural Championships on June 22nd. No refunds will be given.
Comfort Suites Bentonville
2011 Southeast Walton Blvd
Bentonville, AR 72712;
Ph: (479) 254-9099
$79 per night – single/double room
- Minimum of 2 night stay
- Mention the NWA Fitness & Health Festival or NWA Pump n Run Obstacle Course
- All hotels are located less than 2 miles from Festival location
- Late checkout is available until 2:00 pm on Sunday, but MUST be requested at check in.
- A deposit equal to one night’s room rate will be immediately charged to your credit card to secure your room. This charge will be refundable if cancellation is received 7 days prior to arrival.
- Book room by 5/8/2013 to guarantee availability. A block of rooms have been set aside for this event. After 5/8/2013, rooms not booked will be available to public.
- Hot breakfast is available at all locations
Volunteer at Race
SIX MEN & SIX WOMEN LIFTING DIVISIONS
If you would like to volunteer to help on race day (course marshal or finish line area worker) contact Jason Rector - Volunteers will receive a t-shirt and free admission pass into the NW Arkansas Natural Championships on June 22nd.
||% of weight
||% of weight
||rounded to nearest 5 lbs
||rounded to nearest 5 lbs
|13 & under
||*minimum lift is 45 lbs
DETAILS FOR BENCH PRESS/PUSHUP FOR AGE & GENDER
Youth aged competitors (13 and under) must perform game style pushups directed by a drill sergeant or personal trainer – each pushup = 10 seconds off of timed run (max of 80 pushups). Men and women (ages 14+) must attempt to bench press the % of bodyweight as many times as possible in a burn out – each repetition = 20 seconds off of timed run (max of 40 repetitions) and will run full 5K course.
Embossed plaque awards will be given to the first place winner of each male division and each female division. Specialized dog tags by the Army may be awarded to all finishers* in the NWA Pump n Run Obstacle Course. (*Athletes need to successfully attempt to lift at least one rep and run the 3.1 mile run and perform full obstacle course). **The winners of each division and overall winners will be rewarded/presented at the expo, so please have a valid phone number so we may contact you – cell phone preferred. No Refunds will be given...
After entry form and fee have signed up online or with promoter, athletes can pick up their race registration package at sign in time at the registration table at Memorial Park between 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (Please arrive 15-20 minutes early). Race number needs to be worn on the front of your shirt for entry to lift and for the run... No Refunds will be given...
ONLINE REGISTRATION is encouraged
Registration for the NWA PRO Course starts Feb 1, 2013 and is encouraged to sign up online. The race has a time limit to allow for athletes to weigh in and lift before the race. Also, there is no waiting list (unless racer is late). Athletes cannot sell their race number. Only the athlete who registered can participate in the event – bring proper identification to registration. There are NO Refunds.
Signups as a team sponsor is offered minimum of 4 people ages 14+, but only up to 5 people. All participants on team will perform bench press and 5K run/obstacle course at the same time. Registration for team members must register online. Cost for team is $300 and team name will be placed in Expo program, PRO Course t-shirt and banner (in addition to program), receive a free booth opportunity at NWA Fitness & Health Festival, and on Foundation website. Only those who register in team are allowed to participate for that team. There are NO refunds.
NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS
NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS!!! This means that the NWA PRO Course WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND for any reason, such as an injury, scheduling conflict, pregnancy etc. Nor will the NWA PRO Course transfer entries from 2013 to 2014. Also, because of liability reasons your Race Number cannot be worn by anyone else than the person the number is assigned. ***If you do not run, your entry fee will be donated to the beneficiaries and to the NWA Fitness and Health Foundation to help with their costs.... No Refunds will be given...
RULES AND GUIDELINES
The following rules and guidelines are intended to help create a fun and safe event for all participants.
• Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race director, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
• Participants understand and acknowledge the PRO Course is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
• Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
• Participants under 18 years of age must have parent signature and release on race day in order to participate.
• Participants must wear the provided PRO Course bib number clearly shown on the front. No participant will be allowed to race without an official bib number.
• Several videographers and photographers are stationed along the course. Participants agree to allow the event producer to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
• Baby joggers, baby strollers, in-line skates, bicycles, skateboards or any other type of wheeled device are strictly prohibited on the course.
• Urinating or defecating on or anywhere near the course is strictly prohibited.
• Registration is closed when the maximum capacity is reached.
RACE NUMBER AND DOG TAGS ALLOW YOU TO VISIT THE NWA NATURAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
After the race, your race number and dog tags (together) will allow you access to the NWA Natural Championships for $10 off of ticket price for evening show. Regular admission to the show is $25 general admission for finals ($15 for PRO Course contestants).
Registration fee is $30; late registration after May 15th will incur a fee of $15. After May 15th, t-shirts or goody bag may not be available. Proceeds of this entry fee will be given to the efforts of the SuperFit Campaign.