Date: May 6th, 2017; 8:45 am – 11:00 am; bench press/push up then perform the 5K run/obstacle course at 5 minute increments starting @ 9:00.
Morning Registration: at Bentonville Memorial Park, located across from the soccer fields off of John DeShields Rd, Bentonville, AR; park at tennis courts east of competition course.
If you signed up for the Bentonville Gold Rush 5K and want to race for free, click here for details.
Event Poster (download here 2017 PRO Course Flyer)
Sponsoring Options: become a corporate sponsor for the PRO Course or throughout the entire year
Download the sponsor form and view packages available here. Association sponsor proposal letter 2016-2017
Racer bib number must be worn during all portions. Pushups for ages 5-13 are performed ‘game style’; Watch this demonstration video for technique. Athletes ages 14+ are required to successfully attempt to lift at least one repetition on the bench press. Chip Timing will be the method of time keeping for 2 mile and 5K route. A runner’s final time will be based on how many times they can bench press their weight by the formula below (or pushups) and including the time of course. There will be 8 divisions each for the men and women.Volunteer at our PRO Course
An athlete’s run time will be reduced by 20 seconds for each successful bench press (maximum 40 reps) or 10 seconds for every game-style pushup (maximum 80 reps). This will allow a runner to reduce their runtime up to 13 minutes 20 seconds. Rep-bar must touch athlete’s chest and be fully extended or a no count will be given. A small hand towel roll is optional, but will not be provided. Bench Press will be judged by U.S. Military or personal trainers. No bench press suits allowed and NO REFUNDS
No switching of races or race number is permitted. No animals, inline skates, baby strollers, or bikes are allowed on the course. Team sponsors are available – contact promoter.
Athletes must have running shoes and number at weigh-in.
Kids have the chance to race for free. Competitor must first sign up for the SuperFit Campaign. If competitor is a SuperFit Candidate and earns a sponsors to cover their registration, they will receive a code to be entered into the PRO Course registration. (register here for SuperFit campaign, register here to support SuperFitter).
Obstacles you will encounter:
Hay bale scale; tire carry, tube crawl, balance beams, 4′ tall wall jump, crawl under telephone poles, junk yard car run through, stump carry, high knee in tires, tire gauntlet, tire wall/slip n slide, steep wall climb, A frame wall climb, and PVC pole carry (provided by New You Fitness).
Check in will be at the Rush Running Co store in Bentonville on Friday, May 5th from 5-7pm. There you will receive your race number, arm band, and race tshirt. You will also choose your race wave time there.
HOTEL: Comfort Suites; 2011 SE Walton Blvd, Bentonville, AR 72712; $84 per night. Please mention NWA Pump n Run Obstacle Course before 4/30/2017 for discounted rate and guaranteed booking.
First place winners in each division will receive custom plaques. All paid racers will receive PRO Course t-shirt, participation medallion, post workout smoothie, and after race refreshments. Overall 1st through 3rd winners for both men and women will receive a specialized award. All awards will be presented after the kid’s portion of the PRO Course.
Registration is available online (recommended), Deadline to sign up is April 30th. $10 late registration fee will be incurred after April 30th. Entries will be accepted at registration).
Please park in the tennis parking lot as the soccer games are taking place that morning and the parking lot may be full.
For more information contact: Joe Wilson at 479-530-6268 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NWA PRO Course RULES AND GUIDELINES
The following rules and guidelines are intended to help create a fun and safe event for all participants.
- Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race director, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge the PRO Course is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
- Participants can be of any age 5+ at long as parent consent is approved on race day in order to participate.
- Participants must wear the provided PRO Course bib number clearly shown on the front. No participant will be allowed to race without an official bib number.
- Several videographers and photographers are stationed along the course. Participants agree to allow the event producer to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Animals, Baby joggers, baby strollers, in-line skates, bicycles, skateboards or any other type of wheeled device are strictly prohibited on the course.
- Urinating or defecating on or anywhere near the course is strictly prohibited.
- Registration is closed when the maximum capacity is reached (500 students K-12, 650 adults) – this is including teams.
Must complete every obstacle properly. If obstacle is not properly performed, the following may be enforced: 5 Burpees or immediate disqualification.
All obstacles will have a sign and penalty listed, they will be discussed before the run and after ‘Pump’ portion.